PREPPING THE PATIENT
Clean Skin = Clean Signal
- Attach the electrodes to the lead wires on the patient cable.
- Shave the chest hair at the electrode sites, if necessary.
- Clean the skin with alcohol to remove body oils, lotion or powder.
- Dry the skin with gauze to remove alcohol residue.
- Gently abrade the skin using the abrasive pad at the electrode sites, to remove dead skin cells.
- Apply electrodes to the prepped skin using the lead placement diagram as a guide.
- Excess lead wire can be looped and taped to prevent pulling on the electrodes.
PROPER ECG ELECTRODE PLACEMENT
Helpful Electrode Placement Hints:
- White clouds on the right.
- Clouds (white) over grass (green), smoke (black) over fire (red).
- Open the back of the unit
- Insert AAA battery
- Firmly plug in cable
About this Unit:
- There is only general information, no changes are needed
- Is the date and time correct?
- Leave the contrast at #4
- You can select either Alpha Numeric or just Numeric for ID patients (DOB, etc.)
- Switch “Confirm Erase” to YES
- Duration is set to the required length (3 days, etc.)
- Set Auto start to 15 minutes; the study will automatically start
- This unit does not have Bluetooth capability
- This is a practice decision
- It is recommended to input only the DOB to avoid HIPPA issues; if the unit is lost or stolen
Review and Start:
- Review tracing to confirm that the tracing looks good
- Start recording; if you forget, Auto Start will begin the study in 15 seconds
- The unit will automatically turn off after the study time has elapsed
These are rented units, so please DO NOT write on the unit with marker, adhesive asset tags, etc.