How should I prepare?
When you receive the test, make sure to:
- Avoid oily or greasy lotions the day you will take the test; they can make it challenging for the electrodes to stay in place on your skin.
- Wear a shirt that you can easily remove; this is to make the placement of electrodes on your chest easier.
- Identify the electrode sites
- Shave all body hair from the electrode sites
- Use alcohol wipes provided to rub the skin where the electrodes will be placed
- Let air dry
- Attach clips to the disposable electrode pads
- Peel the back of the electrode pad off
- Stick the electrode to the prepared skin area
- Plug the cable in to start the study
- Go about your day as normal
- Avoid getting any part of the device wet
- Do not shower or swim while the study is in progress; use wet wipes or a washcloth and soap to clean where necessary